As some of you may of you may be aware, there was an unfortunate breach in our security. At least one advertisement that was running on several of our websites contained a virus or malware. We have made this our top, and only, priority and are dedicated to finding a solution to the issue and to help each and every user impacted.
Now, my team of IT professionals and outside consultants are isolating the problem and I want to share the facts and latest developments with you today. You should know that other websites are experiencing the same issue, and many are pointing fingers at Google’s ad network at this stage. We have shutdown Google’s ad network on our website.
It appears that this malware can impact a PC even if you do not click on the offending ad. If you have received a message asking you to download something (typically an anti-virus program) and you did click to download it, you will need to check your computer for a virus.
Here are a few key steps to take to help you check and protect your computer:
- If you receive a virus message asking you to download something, do not click on anywhere in the Internet Explorer area. Instead, use Alt + Ctrl + Del key to open the Start Task Manager to end the process for Internet Explorer.
- Follow this steps to delete the cookies and temporary internet files right away.
Open Internet Explore –> go to “Tools” –> “Internet Options”, under the “General” tab, you’ll see “Browsing History”.
1. Click on the “Delete…” button, at least check these options:
- Temporary Internet Files
- ActiveX Filtering and Tracking Protection Data
- Then click on the “Delete” button to delete
2. Click on the “Settings” button, click on the “View Files” button. This will open the folder that stores all of your temporary Internet files–In case they were not deleted from Step 1. Select all of the remaining files here and delete them.
If this doesn’t work for you or if you would like someone to personally walk you through the steps, we have set up a dedicated phone number for you. You can call 1-866-507-2938 and a representative will either be able to help you directly or take your information so that one of my experienced IT professionals can call you directly and help you each step of the way.
I sincerely apologize for this unfortunate situation. This has never happened before and we are taking every step to make sure it doesn’t happen in the future.
If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to call our dedicated line at 1-866-507-2938.
Director of IT
InvestorPlace Media LLC.